Top Picks for Local Hikes
Are you interested in taking advantage of nature in your own backyard? Here’s what a few of our members had to say about their favourite local hikes:
- Just a short drive past Ryder Lake, Elk Mt. has a peaceful forestry setting and rewards you with an awesome view on a clear day.
- The Webb-MacDonald col has stunning panoramic views. It can be reached by hiking the Radium Lake trail that starts at Chilliwack Lake Provincial Park, and carrying on an hour or so past the lake.
- McGuire is a great hike. It does require a 4×4 to get to the trailhead but it is a popular choice because of its beautiful canyon and mountain views, particularly of Mt. Cheam.
- The Pierce Lake trail is a challenging trail that takes you to both Lower Pierce and Upper Pierce Lakes, and you can also access Mt. McFarlane. Both lakes offer stunning scenery.
- Lindeman Lake is terrific if you’re short on time. Nestled in the heart of the Chilliwack River Valley, it’s a great place to get away from the city and get in a quick hike. Wind down with a relaxing swim in the beautiful turquoise waters on a hot day!
These are just a few of our favourites among so many to choose from. Whether you’re looking for a short stroll or the complete backpacking experience, Chilliwack has tons of trails to offer, with varying degrees of distance and difficulty. The sun is going to come out sooner or later, so get out there and enjoy the beautiful outdoors!
Special thanks to CSAR member Tara for polling the team and putting these ‘picks’ together!